On 2nd December 2011, Dubai will unleash a much awaited event, which will add a new script in the history of the United Arab Emirates. It will host one of the biggest corporate events hoping to denote its presence on a mass scale. The Gulf Oil Super Sixes 2011 will guarantee fun filled days full of entertainment, enthusiasm and excitement.
Such a type of big cricketing event will include 48 corporate teams, where 8 finalists will be battling for Gulf Oil Super Sixes Cup along with 8 international cricketers, Wasim Akram, Moin Khan, Aravinda de Silva, Romesh Kaluwitharana, Vinod Kambli, Venkatesh Prasad, Rohan Gavaskar and Lance Klusener as their teammates.
The Super Sixes is based on a format of cricket played in Hong Kong incorporating 10 international cricket tournament totally approved by the International Cricket Council. The event will unload a power-packed performance with a blend of inevitable presentation and arrangement, whereas the participants will be encouraged to display fierce batting to escalate a giant score against the opponent team. The winner team will be awarded the amount of AED 50,000.
Rules for Gulf Oil Super Sixes 2011
- Its format suits all-rounder wherein every player (except the wicket-keeper) has to bowl one over in a match.
- Each team holds at least 5 neutral fielders.
- Two runs are counted for wide and no-balls.
- A team will include six players, where the game comprises a maximum of five six-ball overs bowled by each side (eight-ball overs in the final match).
- A batsman can pile up a personal score of 40 runs, but after completing 40 runs off the stroke, the batsman will have to call for “retire. The total scores will be counted at the end.
- For each wining match, the team will be awarded two points. In case of a tie, one point will be awarded to both of the teams. If there will be more than one team with equal points at the end of the league, then the average run rate will decide the winner of the group.
On 16th December, 2011, the Dubai International Cricket Stadium will host grand finale, where you can enjoy a cricket of your life. Get ready to fly in Dubai flights and e-book Dubai hotels in advance. Not miss such a wonderful chance of getting fully entertained by cherish moments of the Super Sixes.
When: 2nd-16th December 2011
Where: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai Sports City, Dubai