Dubai is very famous for the very expensive hotels.. 5 stars, 6 stars, 7 stars… People very often think that Dubai is a place only for VIP. No way!
Sure, if you want to stay in the Royal Suite at the Burj Al Arab, you will pay 20,000 USD per night.. but, most of the 5 stars luxury hotels in Dubai have very good rate and excellent service, especially if compared to European hotels.
First problem if you have never been in Dubai: which hotel to choose? In which district to look for it? This post will help you.
– DEIRA (In Arabo: ديرة) is an area in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates bordered by the Persian Gulf, Sharjah and Dubai Creek. Historically, it has been the center of Dubai, but has been losing its importance during the past few decades due to recent development along E 11 road and areas further down the coast toward Abu Dhabi. Port Saeed is a small port along Deira’s shore of Dubai Creek. Port Saeed holds some of the dhows and small shipping boats in Dubai. It is the district I prefer cause there you can find shops, markets open 24 hours per day, souq and it’s very close to the airport DXB. (Dubai International Airport). Here you can find also the ancient / old gold souq:
There are more than 300 hotels in this district of Dubai. Some of the hotels you can find in Deira:
- Flora Park Deluxe Hotel Apartments – Deira, Dubai
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek – Deira, Dubai
- Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments – Deira, Dubai
- Lotus Grand Hotel Apartments – Deira, Dubai
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments & Spa – Deira, Dubai
- The Galleria Residence, Hyatt Regency Dubai – Deira, Dubai
- Metropolitan Palace Dubai – Deira, Dubai
- Rimal Rotana – Dubai – Deira, Dubai
- Metropolitan Deira Hotel – Deira, Dubai
- Pearl Continental Creek Hotel Apartment – Deira, Dubai
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers – Deira, Dubai
- Rihab Rotana – Dubai – Deira, Dubai
- Deira Suites Hotel Apartment – Deira, Dubai
- Copthorne Hotel Dubai – Deira, Dubai
- Taj Palace Hotel – Deira, Dubai
- City Seasons Hotel Dubai – Deira, Dubai
- Al Jawhara Hotel Apartments – Deira, Dubai
- Star Boutique Hotel Apartment – Deira, Dubai
- Broadway Hotel – Deira, Dubai
– DUBAI MARINA (Arabic: مرسى دبي) is a district in the heart of what has become known as ‘new Dubai’, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Dubai Marina is a canal city, carved along a two mile (3 km) stretch of Persian Gulf shoreline. When the entire development is complete it will accommodate more than 120,000 people in residential towers and villas. It is located on Interchange 5 between Jebel Ali Port and the area which hosts Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City and the American University in Dubai. The first phase of this project has been completed. Dubai Marina was inspired by and designed to model the highly successful Concord Pacific Place development along False Creek in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Some hotels in Dubai Marina:
- Hilton Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi – Dubai Marina
- The Address Dubai Marina Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Arjaan – Dubai Media City – Dubai Marina
- Lotus Hotel Apartments And Spa Marina – Dubai Marina
- Residence & Spa at One & Only Royal Mirage – Dubai Marina
- The Palace at One & Only Royal Mirage – Dubai Marina
- Marina Hotel Apartments – Dubai Marina
- Dusit Residence Dubai Marina Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa – Dubai Marina
- Suha Hotel Apartments – Dubai Marina
- Marriott Harbour hotel and suites Dubai Marina – Dubai Marina
- Oaks Liwa Heights Hotel Apartments – Dubai Marina
- Oasis Beach Tower Hotel – Dubai Marina
- The Ritz-Carlton Dubai Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach – Dubai Marina
- Nuran Marina Serviced Residences – Dubai Marina
- Tamani Marina Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Media One Hotel – Dubai Marina
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach – Dubai Marina
- Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach – Dubai Marina
If you decide to stay in a hotel in this district, you will be very close to the beach: most of the hotels in this area, are resort. The non plus ultra for a vacation.
– E 11 (in Arabic: شارع ﺇ ١١) is a highway in the United Arab Emirates. The longest road in the UAE, E 11 streches from the city of Abu Dhabi and ends in Ras Al Khaimah, running roughly parallel to UAE’s coastline along the Persian Gulf. The road forms the main artery in some emirates’ main cities, where it assumes various alternate names — Sheikh Maktoum Road in Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai, and Sheikh Muhammed bin Salem Road in Ras Al Khaimah.
The Sheikh Zayed Road is home to most of Dubai’s skyscrapers, including the Emirates Towers, the Burj Dubai or Burj Khalifa and some luxury hotels:
- H Hotel (Former The Monarch) Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Dusit Thani Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- The Fairmont Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- The Metropolitan Hotel Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Rose Rayhaan by Rotana – Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Iberotel Emirates Grand Hotel Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Number One Tower Suites Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Villa Rotana Suites Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Chelsea Tower Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Those hotels are very good for business trips, but you stayng there you need a taxi for every thing you want to do. The airport is 30 – 45 minutes far.
– BUR DUBAI (in Arabic : بر دبي, Dubay bar) is a historic district in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, located on the western side of the Dubai Creek. It is home to several popular places for tourists. The name literally translates to Mainland Dubai, a reference to the traditional separation of the Bur Dubai area from Deira by the Dubai Creek. This is because Bur Dubai historically consisted of all districts between the western bank of the Creek and Jumeirah.
As of 2008, work was being undertaken to extend Dubai Creek back to the sea, turning Bur Dubai into an island. The work is planned to be complete by 2010. Bur Dubai is a popular living area consisting of a lot of building apartments. The Dubai metro goes through Bur Dubai, and it’s full of small markets and souqs. Hotels in this area have a good price/quality ratio; airport is quite close (just after Deira). I don’t like to much this area to stay, but it’s a personal view.
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa – Bur Dubai
- Four Points Sheraton – Bur Dubai
- XVA Hotel – Bur Dubai
- Hotel Radisson Blu Residence – Bur Dubai
- Oasis Court Hotel Apartments – Bur Dubai
- Hotel Winchester Grand Deluxe Hotel Apartments – Bur Dubai
- Dolphin Hotel – Bur Dubai
It couldn’t miss in this post the Burj Al Arab: but this hotel is out of range!